Sharpening Axes

official site: grahamparker.net
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Still Here
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:25 pm 

thanks for the info, red! Perhaps we can expect the album to be promoted pretty soon? ... I imagine they'd want to buzz it up in plenty of time for moviegoers to make a connection and thence possibly a purchase.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:29 pm 

I think the movie is due out in Dec. and the new music was going to be released in Oct. as for the tour I believe that will happen in Dec. last I heard and the Documentary will be out in August.
Ladies and Gentleman start your engines!

P.S. I will return from time to time, since I didn't know this board "still have some life in ya"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufirby3rrDs

*\*
SOI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 am 

Wow!! This board is still kicking? I feel like I'm in a time warp. No new registrations, just the typing dead...thats creepy. Wasn't there a "Lost" episode about this? My GP appetite, like all my musical interests, ramps up around live shows, so with the Cambridge MA show coming up I was poking around and saw the FB facile banter about GP discussions. I haven't really embraced FB as a forum for real discussion--I always appreciated the semi-anonymity of this board, where I could be a little incendiary or flippant or nostalgic without worrying about Aunt Polly looking on. Oh well. See you at the shows.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:37 pm 

$20 dont forget to us a review of whaz's up at the show

SOI
*\*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:18 pm 

I will also be at the show at Club Passim in Cambridge. I'm at table 10. Feel free to introduce yourself.

Most likely I'll also go to the show the next night at the Narrows in Fall River but there was no panic about buying a ticket early since that venue is general admission. I've seen GP there every time he's played there (six times? - I'd have to check my notes for the exact number).

I'll be putting reviews of those shows on the website I have started for that purpose (http://www.nicepace.net/concerts).

I don't plan on travelling any long distance for any of the "reunion" shows, so I'm hoping they play the Boston area. I think the Bull Run, where he has played band shows during his last couple of band tours, would be appropriate. Or is management thinking the word "Rumour" will triple ticket sales?