Sharpening Axes

official site: grahamparker.net
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:16 am 

[quote="hollyh"]Got it up on my blog now too...

http://thesonginmyheadtoday.blogspot.com/2010/07/thursday-reverb-as-my-faithful-readers.html[/quote

nice of you to get the message out there, looks like Graham will be opening for Nick Lowe in Oct!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:11 am 

54% and 34 days to go. Excellent response. Hope it continues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:19 pm 

MegaParkerFan wrote:
54% and 34 days to go. Excellent response. Hope it continues.

it is a stunning response, especially considering how high the target is. Hopefully, if the world at large comes within shouting distance of the total, the brothers G will redouble their efforts to secure the remainder through more typical channels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:21 pm 

I agree. Distributors would have to be impressed by how eager the fan base is to have this film become a reality. That should be a strong selling point.

Post subject: Hi all
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:25 pm 

Just checking in and thanking everyone who has pledged and or spread the word around. Graham told me people are hand writing fliers and passing them around at the shows. Really heart warming. John and I have been working on this for so long and weren't sure anyone would be much interested, but we are stunned at the response. Although the pledging has dropped off the past few days, all and all we are at a good point. As far as the screening is concerned, it is looking like Martin Belmont will be joining us as well. Martin is working on getting Brinsley over with him. We'll see. We will be adding 4 or 5 more of the dinner slots for anyone who missed the chance before they sold out. As far as us trying to secure the remaining funds from traditional sources, well kickstarter doesn't allow that. And we can't pledge to ourselves so if we don't make the goal, we don't get any of the funds at all. So let's keep spreading the word and hope for the best. Graham is impressed, but is dubious about actually getting there. He doesn't think he has enough fans who care enough to get there. I am determined to prove him wrong. Not an easy or wise thing to do with him, but I think this would be the one area where he'd be happy to admit he was wrong.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Post subject: Re: Hi all
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:43 pm 

mpgram wrote:
Just checking in and thanking everyone who has pledged and or spread the word around. Graham told me people are hand writing fliers and passing them around at the shows. Really heart warming. John and I have been working on this for so long and weren't sure anyone would be much interested, but we are stunned at the response. Although the pledging has dropped off the past few days, all and all we are at a good point. As far as the screening is concerned, it is looking like Martin Belmont will be joining us as well. Martin is working on getting Brinsley over with him. We'll see. We will be adding 4 or 5 more of the dinner slots for anyone who missed the chance before they sold out. As far as us trying to secure the remaining funds from traditional sources, well kickstarter doesn't allow that. And we can't pledge to ourselves so if we don't make the goal, we don't get any of the funds at all. So let's keep spreading the word and hope for the best. Graham is impressed, but is dubious about actually getting there. He doesn't think he has enough fans who care enough to get there. I am determined to prove him wrong. Not an easy or wise thing to do with him, but I think this would be the one area where he'd be happy to admit he was wrong.

Thanks again everyone!!!

if anyone is holding out on making those contributions please rethink this,
for a fan base whos ages run the spectrum of young to old, those who witnessed the day these guys played their hearts out for a change, and led the charge for the greatest music a band could play, the time to live it again has arrived, please help with whatever you can, it will be a worth while cause to rock n roll, and as they say the show must go on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:10 pm 

What if those of us who have already pledged want to increase our pledges, especially at the end of the time period, to make sure we push things over the top? Is there a way to do that so that the two pledges would be combined to reach a certain gift level?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

You can certainly increase your pledge amount, and thus increase your rewards. You just log in and click "Manage Your Pledge". You'll have to create a login, if you haven't done so already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:20 pm 

My pledge just pushed us to the 60% mark. Those on the fence, please do what you can. What moved me to give was thinking about how much pleasure GP and the boys have provided over the years and wanting to do my part to get the word out about Parkerville.

Plus it will be a kick to see my name listed as "also produced by"!

GP deserves a wider audience and now we have the chance to do more than be annoyed, dismayed, angry etc. etc. etc at why he is not bigger by backing a film that will certainly win him greater recognition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:21 am 

I have just upped my pledge to push us over the $30,000 mark. Come on everybody, let's get behind this. How else to better celebrate GP's life and music? Think of the years of pleasure he has given us all through his music. Graham doesn't believe we can do it. He doesn't believe there's enough of us out there who care enough. Let's prove him wrong. Dig deep, we can pull this off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:49 am 

I just upped my pledge too. C'mon, let's make this happen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 pm 

If I were a rich man. Yidle-diddle-didle-diddle-didle-dum. Seriously there has got to be a heavy hitter who is a big fan of GP that could put this to bed---Bruce Springsteen? David Letterman? Oprah Winfrey?

Post subject: documentary
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:25 pm 

Haven't checked in for a while and just found this. Made my pledge - now I'm a mini-movie producer!

Post subject: We are closing in
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:48 pm 

Hi guys, just letting you all know that we broke the 40K mark today in grand fashion. And actually GP is kind of moved at the out pouring. I don't blame him. We're the silent minority turning majority.

Thanks!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:03 pm 

so maybe the storyline of the documentary could be changed from "underappreciated, virtually unknown, never made it" to something less negative?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next